Mess is an integral part of the Hostel and
mess services are compulsory for all resident
students. The Hostel has a well spaced mess
with a proper dining area with all facilities like
seating arrangement, drinking water etc. The
mess services are outsourced and a caterer runs the mess. The students shall be provided
breakfast, lunch, evening snacks and dinner. The menu and timings are displayed on kitchen.
Kindly refer to the Hostel fee structure for fee instalments
A provision of rebate @ Rs. 50/- per day in the mess charges shall be available to the students
for not using the mess facility. This provision may be availed with prior intimation to and
permission of the warden & the Principal in case a student is not residing in the Hostel
continuously for 6 days or more and not using the mess services during that period. These
provisions may not be clubbed with the College reopening days after vacation period.
The resident shall be reimbursed for any such rebate granted at the end of the semester.
- Students should maintain an environment of dignity, decorum, friendliness and respect in
the dining hall among themselves and with the mess staff.
- Students must observe the timings of the meals. No meals will be served before the
stipulated time. Meals beyond the stipulated time will be served only when the
Warden/mess staff is pre-informed by the student.
- Mess services will be available for the resident students till the completion of semester
- The students must sign on the register (kept in the mess) before availing any meal in the
- Students are expected to enter the dining hall in a proper dress with tied hair. Night
apparel is not permitted in the dining hall. Students are not permitted to enter in the
- Students should not take any utensils out of the mess area
- No request for change in the menu will be entertained under ordinary circumstances.
- Room services will not be provided unless recommended by the Warden of the Hostel in
the extra-ordinary cases like illness etc.
- If required, the resident students can get their lunch packed (of breakfast items) during
breakfast time with pre-information to the Warden/mess staff.
- In case of any complaint related with food quality & quantity, mess services and behavior
of mess staff, the student(s) should submit their representation to the Warden defining
the complaint clearly and mentioning their name(s), course & semester with signature(s).
The Warden will try to resolve the complaint at her own level. If necessary, the Warden
may forward it to the Principal for further action along with her comments. The students
should not argue with the mess staff under any circumstances
- The seasonal vegetables in the mess menu will be collectively decided by the Canteen
committee and two students’ representative in consultation with the mess contractor on
quarterly basis. The same shall be based on the students’ feedback taken on a quarterly
basis by the committee. The students’ representatives will be elected / nominated by the
Hostel Committee and Warden on semester basis.
- Cooked food from outside is allowed in the Hostel only with prior permission of the
Warden and the College shall not be responsible for any problem arising out of it
Wastage of food is strictly forbidden and the student will be punished with a minimum fine of
Rs. 100/- per meal for wasting food.